Monday, November 23, 2009

Restaurants London - Zaika (very recommendable)

I started this blog about 10 months ago and am still catching up on the good restaurants I have been to in the last two years. I thought I should add a couple more for London since I lived there for two years and will start of with Indian recommendations. Many people go to London wondering where they can get a good Indian meal.

Zaika is a great contemporary Indian restaurant in Kensington High Street in an elegant setting. It is not pretentious.

The food is not on the cheap side. A main dish costs around 20 GBP, but I find it worth it. I enjoyed the Mirch Murg and Tandoori Murg Makhanwala dishes which were both chicken dishes with a delicious array of spices.

If you do not have a lot of time in London, do not want to spend too much and want to try a modern Indian, then I would recommend the Urban Turban - it is a must!

Zaika Restaurant
1 Kensington High Street
London W8 5NP
+44 20 7795 6533