Friday, January 16, 2009

Restaurants Vienna - Figlmueller (very recommendable)

Deeeelicious Schnitzel! It is certainly touristy, but locals love it too!

There are two Figlmuellers next to each other near the city center (Stephansplatz). Most tourists wait for a long time to get into the crowded one in a small "passage". There is a much bigger one just around the corner with the same food and much more space and therefore no waiting time.

Schnitzel is a thin slice of veal/pork (there they have pork) coated in breadcrumbs and fried. Usually I am not such a fan of pork, but the Figlmueller Schnitzels are so thin and not at all stringy that it tastes delicious.

I also like ordering the natural grape juice with sparkling water (2 Euros).

Simple atmosphere. Service is super quick and good.

Probably the most expensive Schnitzel in town, but I certainly think it is worth it. (12,90 Euros for the Schnitzel). 22 Euros per person.

I have been there again in March 2010 and in my opinion they have become much more touristy. They serve ketch up with the Schnitzel and have long queues. So I would definitely recommend making a reservation.

Baeckerstrasse 6, 1010 Vienna
Tel. 512 17 60