Saturday, January 31, 2009

Restaurants Madrid - Lateral

In the search for great spanish food.... PART 1. I have heard that there are tons of places for great food in Spain. I hope I don't board the plane on Monday singing U2's I still haven't found what I am looking for.

We had the traditional albondigas de ternera (meatballs), shrimp croquettes, patatas. It is a chain in Madrid where service is very fast. The food comes immediately, but is not very warm, which can for some not be as appetizing.

In Spain, bear in mind that there is not much respect for non smokers, so even in restaurants people smoke heavily. Even though the areas are separated it does not really make a difference.

It is minimal, but comes across unoriginal. Dimly lit with candle light. It seems more like a local meeting place which is nice an central, where do not really care about the food.

We spent 15 Euros per person, which I would not spend again and continue my search. 

Lateral
Velazquez 57
28001 Madrid
Tel 91 43 50 604