Friday, September 4, 2009

Restaurants Ottawa - Khao Thai

Yup that is right Ottawa! Well since the culinary scene is perhaps not as competitive or big, I will try and not be harsh, but rather try and compare restaurants locally. I will not compare them with restaurants in Chicago. All my quotes for Canada will be in Canadian Dollars, sorry for those who are looking at this from abroad. But it is quite easy to convert since currently it is approximately equal to the USD.

We had a dinner special $17.95 (fried shrimps with green beans, rice and a tom ka gai soup) and the Gaeng Karee Gai (yellow chicken curry with potatoes) $10.95, as well as some stick rice.

I would say it was a pretty good curry. The potato tasted unusual, but I am not yet sure if it is the flavour of the potatoes in Canada which is completely different or just this place. It is hard to describe but I wont get hung up on that - it is a detail. I particularly liked that the green beans which were crunchy.

Service & Atmosphere: I would say pretty standard. (For those who are used to eating out late, be careful in Ottawa, in some restaurants the last order is at 21:00!!)

103 Murray Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 5M5
Tel 613-241-7276.