Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wine Tasting - Inzersdorf Austria

This is a successful wine producer in a small town (Inzersdorf ob der Traisen) in Austria. This wine is not from the well-known Wachau area in Austria, but even more tasty than a lot of the famous brands and even received several awards for the best wine.

We tasted the following wines:
Gruener Veltliner - Zwirch 08
Gruener Veltliner - Der Wein vom Stein 08
Riesling - Der Wein vom Stein 08
Riesling - IKON 08 
Sauvignon Blanc - Giess 08
Sauvignon Blanc - Der Wein vom Stein 08 

I have not done a lot of wine tastings and therefore I will not even try and go there by trying to describe the wines I tried with a complicated vocabulary. I will just say, generally Gruener Veltliner are light wines. I enjoyed the Wein vom Stein 08. The IKON wines are sweet (not as sweet as desert wines) and tasty but difficult to pair with food. I personally enjoyed the Sauvignon blanc Wein vom Stein 08 which had a lovely fruity flavour.

Weingut Ludwig Neumayer
A-3131 Inzersdorf ob der Traisen